REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP)
PROJECT POWER BOXES
Nixa Arts Council (NAC), a sub-committee of the Nixa Area Chamber of Commerce, supports visual and performing art initiatives designed to engage, excite, and unite the community.
The NAC is pleased to release a call to artists for its “Project Power Box” program. The NAC is seeking Statements of Qualification and Proposals/Applications from artists to design an image to be used as vinyl wrap for selected utility boxes in the city of Nixa.
The NAC is looking for artwork that evokes a sense of engagement and community set against the backdrop of our underutilized streetscape. The artwork must be suitable for viewing of all ages and will be reviewed prior to selection.
Artists may submit a proposal for one or more of the utility box locations.
Images, specifications, dimensions, and location of the utility box will be provided to the artist prior to the design proposal.
Artist is to be paid $100.00 per approved design, paid via invoice, to the NAC, upon completion of work.
The following guidelines must be adhered to in all applications:
- The artwork included on the application must be presented to NAC as conceptual design drawing and digital copy.
- Work must be executed and completed in a three (3) month period, upon receiving approval from NAC, and in a professional manner.
- Artists must maintain an effective working relationship with the NAC project team. Artists must advise the NAC project team of any significant changes to the scope and/or design or materials to be used once approval has been given.
- Boxes have locks, control panels, and meters that must remain free of any image (instructions will be provided per individual box).
- Each utility box will have a NAC logo sticker, placement will be determined by NAC representative and artist.
- Images of selected artwork will be used for NAC marketing and publicity campaigns, at that time, appropriate credit will be given to the artist.
- Artists (or preselected representatives thereof) must be present during a public unveiling event to be scheduled and hosted by NAC.
- The artwork must be an original product of the artist’s own creative efforts and must not infringe on any third party’s copyrights or other intellectual property rights.
- Artists will retain all rights and interests in artwork during exhibition, under the Copyright Act of 1976, with the exception of, rights of ownership and possession, as passed to the City of NIXA and NAC upon final acceptance. The artist, however, agrees not to create an exact duplicate of the work or permit others to do so, except by written permission of the City of NIXA and NAC.
ARTIST SUBMISSION AND SELECTION PROCESS
The Project Power Box program is open to all artists in the 417 area.
Interested artists must submit a Statement of Qualification and Application/Proposal. Submissions will be reviewed by the NAC and the City of Nixa, using the criteria as follows: evaluation of artistic excellence and originality, creative and innovative concepts relating to the space, and appropriate regard for the audience and location.
Submit to Nixa Area Chamber of Commerce, 106 W. Sherman Way, Suite 6, Nixa MO 65714 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org, in care of: NIXA ARTS COUNCIL.