In The News
- Giuliani Says Mueller Can't Talk To Trump Until Trump Hears More About FBI Source - Mon, 21 May 2018 18:56:06 -0400
WASHINGTON ― One of Donald Trump's lawyers said Monday that the president
- Medical examiner releases CDC doctor Timothy Cunningham's official cause of death - Tue, 22 May 2018 15:45:43 -0400
The death of a CDC employee whose body was found in an Atlanta river last
- ACLU Fighting To Release Gay Man In ICE Detention Since January - Tue, 22 May 2018 19:04:23 -0400
The American Civil Liberties Union is fighting to end the monthslong detention
- Garry Kasparov: I told you Putin would attack U.S. election — and he will again - Mon, 21 May 2018 15:53:05 -0400
Former Russian chess champion Garry Kasparov has a message for those who didn’t foresee Moscow’s meddling in the 2016 U.S. presidential election.
- MSNBC Host Hugh Hewitt Suggests 'Trench Coat' Control, Not Gun Control - Tue, 22 May 2018 07:52:44 -0400
Conservative commentator Hugh Hewitt has a novel idea to curb school mass
- Surprises and statements in fascinating Tuesday primary results - Tue, 22 May 2018 15:24:13 -0400
Steve Kornacki, MSNBC political correspondent, talks with Rachel Maddow about the results, including some surprises, of primary elections in some key states like Georgia and Kentucky.
- Pakistani teen slain at Texas school is buried in hometown - Wed, 23 May 2018 12:22:05 -0400
KARACHI, Pakistan (AP) — Thousands of people in Karachi attended the funeral Wednesday for a 17-year-old Pakistani exchange student who was killed in a mass shooting at a Texas high school.
- Australia investigators defend MH370 out-of-control scenario - Tue, 22 May 2018 04:43:53 -0400
Australian investigators Tuesday defended their findings that missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 was out of control when it plunged into the ocean, despite renewed theories that a rogue pilot ditched the plane. The Boeing 777 -- which vanished in March 2014 en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing carrying 239 passengers -- has not been found despite an extensive search led by Australia in the southern Indian Ocean and a continuing private search commissioned by Malaysia. The failure to find the plane has fuelled theories which differ from the conclusions of the Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB), which led the first search, that the jet was making a high-speed out-of-control descent when it hit the water.
- Easy and inventive egg recipes (that will reduce your risk of stroke) - Tue, 22 May 2018 04:55:14 -0400
With the news that eating one egg a day may reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, it seems only right that eggs are making a breakfast comeback. According to new research published in the journal Heart, for which researchers from Peking University Health Science Centre examined data from over 400,000 participants in China, consumption of up to one egg daily was linked with lower rates of strokes and heart disease. While in this country, it seems we have already embraced the idea of going to work on an egg once more. In March, figures showed that we are eat on average an egg every two days - bringing us closer to the levels of egg consumption seen in the 1970s, when they were at their peak. The British Egg Industry Council, which carried out the research, said people are once again taking the time to make a "proper" breakfast after a string of reports warning of cereal's high sugar content, with some containing as much as 12g of sugar per serving. It is estimated that over the Easter bank holiday around 45 million eggs are eaten a day, with families sitting down to brunches that star eggs as the star of the show. Not only are eggs delicious and incredibly versatile, they are an extremely healthy choice too, being high in protein, low in calories and full of vitamins. Here, then, we share some of our favourite egg-based recipes, making the most of this humble yet heroic ingredient. Easy and exciting egg recipes Coddled eggs with spinach, mushrooms, and Marmite soldiers Credit: ANDERS SCHONNEMANN Colourful layered eggs Credit: Susan Bell The Delauney's eggs Arlington Socca flatbreads with herb yoghurt, harissa, feta and fried eggs Credit: Olivia Williamson Baked sausages, with beans, eggs and feta Credit: Haarala Hamilton Breakfast bacon and egg tart The perfect shakshuka Credit: Heathcliff O'Malley Duck egg with smoked salmon and caviar Credit: KATE WHITAKER New potato and chorizo hash with asparagus and poached egg Indian cheese on toast Credit: Dishoom Sweet potato mash with bacon lardons, fried egg and parsley pesto Credit: Yuki Sugiura
- The Onion Hilariously Trolls Michael Cohen With His Own Cease-And-Desist Note - Tue, 22 May 2018 00:50:38 -0400
Satirical stalwart The Onion published one of its funniest bits in years, but
- Primaries in Southern states shed light on midterms - Tue, 22 May 2018 22:56:22 -0400
ABC News breaks down the night's primary races in Texas, Georgia, Kentucky and Arkansas.
- What Do You Say To Sexist Passengers? This Female Pilot Has The Perfect Response. - Tue, 22 May 2018 11:08:48 -0400
This female pilot is using Twitter to call out two sexist passengers.
- Parents sue their 30-year-old son because he won't move out - Tue, 22 May 2018 11:20:10 -0400
One set of parents is desperate to have an empty nest. In Syracuse, New York, a couple is suing their 30-year-old in order to get him to move out of their house. According to News 8, the Rotondo parents say they've given their son Michael five notices over the past few months telling him to leave. They also told him that they'll help him if he does vacate. SEE ALSO: Awkward photobomb gets MUCH worse when daughter recognizes her dad as a creepy meme However, the son is saying he legally wasn't given enough notice. You have to admire his determination. The court filings state the parent's reason for suing is that he doesn't pay for living with them and doesn't help out around the house. Under this legal reasoning, my parents probably should have sued me when I was a kid. The neighbors in the area are siding with the parents. News 8 says resident Lashea Wright stated, "It's time. He's 30. And not paying rent. You need to be independent." The Rotondo family is going to court later this month, just before the son's 31st birthday. WATCH: Here's why parents should be concerned about their kids' social media use
- California Moves To Let Schools, Co-workers 'Red Flag' Dangerous Gun Owners - Tue, 22 May 2018 18:24:37 -0400
Lawmakers in the California Assembly voted Monday to advance a bill that would
- Israel says it is the first country to use U.S.-made F-35 in combat - Tue, 22 May 2018 03:26:09 -0400
Israel is the first country to have used the U.S.-made F-35 stealth fighter in combat, the Israeli air force chief said on Tuesday in remarks carried by the military's official Twitter account. Local media further quoted Major-General Amikam Norkin as saying in a speech to the chiefs of 20 foreign air forces convening in Israel: "We are flying the F-35 all over the Middle East and have already attacked twice on two different fronts". Manufactured by Lockheed Martin Corp, the F-35 is also known as the Joint Strike Fighter and, in Israel, by its Hebrew name "Adir" (Mighty).
- Paris, May 1968 — a view from the barricades by Gökşin Sipahioğlu - Tue, 22 May 2018 17:06:40 -0400
Fifty years ago, huge protests swept through the streets of Paris, and the after-effects would be felt for years to come. View photos from the scene by renowned photographer Gökşin Sipahioğlu.
- The Latest: Man appears in court on car attack charges - Mon, 21 May 2018 15:12:28 -0400
BESSEMER CITY, N.C. (AP) — The Latest on a vehicle that crashed into a North Carolina restaurant (all times local):
- Emptying the nest: US couple gets court to evict 30-year-old son - Wed, 23 May 2018 12:39:40 -0400
Most parents are living the life of "empty nesters" when their children reach 30, but one US couple had to go to court to give their son an extra push. "We don't talk, we stay out of each other's way," Rotondo told US media. "They have no obligation to provide support, he's well over the age of 21," a lawyer for Rotondo's parents argued in court.
- Lawmaker Introduces Crowdfunding Bill To Pay For Trump's Border Wall - Mon, 21 May 2018 23:13:18 -0400
President Donald Trump needs at least $22 billion for the U.S.-Mexico border
- Former Ford North America Boss Joins GT Supercar Builder - Tue, 22 May 2018 09:14:52 -0400
Raj Nair's GT story continues.
- Cops Accused Of Racism After Detaining Black Man Over 'Vegetation' - Mon, 21 May 2018 20:33:37 -0400
A Kansas police department is facing allegations of racism after a black man
- Spanish galleon laden with £13bn in gold found at bottom of Caribbean Sea, 300 years after sinking - Tue, 22 May 2018 13:45:00 -0400
US scientists found a Spanish galleon laden with treasure worth up to £12.6bn ($17bn) at the bottom of the Caribbean Sea, more than 300 years after it sank. The San Jose, considered the holy grail of shipwrecks, was discovered three years ago off the coast of Colombia but few details were released at the time. The 62-gun, three-masted galleon sank in June 1708, during a battle with British ships in the War of Spanish Succession, with the loss of nearly 600 lives.
- GOP Candidate Who Pointed Gun At Teenager Advances To Georgia Governor Primary Runoff - Tue, 22 May 2018 23:38:54 -0400
A Republican candidate who pointed a gun at a teenager in a campaign ad has
- 'I'm Always Going to Be Meg': The Sweet Thing Meghan Markle Said to Makeup Artist Friend Before Walking Down the Aisle - Wed, 23 May 2018 13:15:54 -0400
Meghan Markle's makeup artist cried after seeing her for the first time as Duchess of Sussex: 'I lost it'.
- 'Alien asteroid' may be the oldest object in the solar system - Mon, 21 May 2018 15:54:45 -0400
By Will Dunham WASHINGTON (Reuters) - An "alien asteroid" that circles the sun in the giant gas planet Jupiter's orbital path, but hurtling in the opposite direction, is the first-known permanent resident of our solar system that astronomers have concluded originated in another star system. Researchers said on Monday a close examination of the asteroid's orbit indicated it formed elsewhere and was captured by gravitational forces when our solar system -- the sun, planets and various other objects -- formed from a swirling cloud of gas and dust about 4.5 billion years ago. "It is a strong candidate for the oldest object in the solar system," said astronomer Fathi Namouni of Observatoire de la Côte d'Azur in France.
- 'He's a Victim.' Father of Santa Fe Shooting Suspect Thinks He Was Bullied - Tue, 22 May 2018 17:42:03 -0400
'The kid didn't own guns. I owned guns'
- Two Sherpa guides killed on Everest - Tue, 22 May 2018 09:27:39 -0400
Two Sherpa guides working on Everest were confirmed dead Tuesday, bringing the death toll on the world's highest peak this spring climbing season to five. The two guides -- both ethnic Sherpas from the valleys that surround Everest -- were working on opposite sides of the mountain, which straddles the border between Nepal and Tibet. Experienced guide Damai Sarki Sherpa, 37, fell more than 60 metres into a crevasse on Monday as he was helping a foreign climber to a rescue helicopter on the Nepal side of the mountain.
- Democrats Plan Big Anti-Corruption Theme For Midterms - Mon, 21 May 2018 15:04:57 -0400
Democrats are planning to make Washington corruption a central focus of their
- 25 Decor Scores to Snag from Nordstrom's Half-Yearly Sale - Wed, 23 May 2018 13:16:30 -0400
- Shoppers Boycott Publix Over Store's Donations To NRA-Backed Candidate - Tue, 22 May 2018 13:46:29 -0400
Some Florida shoppers are vowing to boycott grocery store Publix ahead of the
- Kīlauea volcano: Lava flow encroaches on geothermal plant as explosive eruptions persist - Tue, 22 May 2018 10:53:29 -0400
As the eruption at Hawaii's Kīlauea volcano continues to evolve, the multitude of dangerous threats to residents are showing no signs of subsiding.
- Reporter Shoved, Others Barred From EPA Meeting On Water Contaminants - Tue, 22 May 2018 11:56:58 -0400
A reporter was grabbed and shoved by a security guard at the EPA headquarters
- The Latest: Chief praises slain Baltimore County officer - Tue, 22 May 2018 16:07:17 -0400
PERRY HALL, Md. (AP) — The Latest on the slaying of a police officer in Baltimore County, Maryland (all times local):
- Pakistan's Karachi hit by sweltering heatwave - Mon, 21 May 2018 15:19:24 -0400
Residents of Pakistan's largest city Karachi were urged to seek shelter Monday as the temperature hit 44 degrees Celsius (111.2 Fahrenheit), sparking fears of widespread heatstroke during the Islamic fasting month of Ramadan. The Pakistan Meteorological Department warned the sweltering heat would continue throughout the week, forecasting daytime temperatures of between 40-43 degrees.
- Deadly Texas school shooting gunman 'confused,' his lawyers say - Mon, 21 May 2018 16:29:12 -0400
The gunman accused of killing 10 people and wounding 13 at a Texas high school last week was in a state of mental confusion, his attorneys said Monday, as schools beefed up security for students returning to classrooms. At least two of those wounded in Friday's mass shooting at Santa Fe High School were still hospitalized, including school police officer John Barnes, who remained in critical condition, said the University of Texas Medical Branch. A statewide moment of silence was held in the morning to remember the eight students and two teachers killed.
- China's H-6K: The 'Old' Bomber That Could 'Sink' the U.S. Navy - Mon, 21 May 2018 19:56:00 -0400
In recent days, the Chinese People’s Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF) has stepped up its activities in the South China Sea. For the first time ever, the PLAAF has landed Xian H-6K bombers on Woody Island in the disputed Paracel archipelago. The Pentagon decried the Chinese move as a part of “China’s continued militarisation of disputed features in the South China Sea,” U.S. Pacific Command spokesman Lt. Col. Christopher Logan said.
- Dave Grohl Wants To Apologize To The World For ‘Massive Jerk’ Trump - Wed, 23 May 2018 00:42:58 -0400
Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl didn't hold back when asked about President
- MH370 search director disagrees with pilot ditch theory - Tue, 22 May 2018 07:28:53 -0400
CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — The director of a seabed hunt for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 on Tuesday disagreed with a new book's conclusion that the pilot likely flew the plane beyond the search area to deliberately sink it in unexplored depths of the Indian Ocean.
- Black candidate makes history as women advance in U.S. midterms - Tue, 22 May 2018 23:39:14 -0400
Democratic voters rallied on Tuesday for the chance to make history in November by selecting a ticket filled with female candidates, including a bid to elect the first African-American female governor in the United States. Stacey Abrams won the party's nomination for governor in Georgia, where she faces long odds in a Republican-dominated southern state testing divergent Democratic strategies. Contests in Texas and Kentucky also moved women to the forefront of the fight for the U.S. House of Representatives, where Democrats need to wrest 23 seats from Republicans to gain control.
- Disney Reveals Opening Seasons For 'Star Wars' Theme Park Lands - Wed, 23 May 2018 04:49:40 -0400
Disney's "Star Wars"-themed lands at its California and Florida resorts now
- Trump Team Moves To Lift Ban On 'Extreme' Hunting Tactics In Alaska - Mon, 21 May 2018 18:28:15 -0400
The Trump administration on Monday proposed rolling back a 2015 rule that bans
- Florida Police Report 2 Dead After Standoff At Panama City Apartment Complex - Tue, 22 May 2018 14:24:39 -0400
A Florida man suspected of killing one person and injuring another has died
- In pictures: The world's top-rated landmarks 2018, according to TripAdvisor - Tue, 22 May 2018 08:53:18 -0400
- Texas School Shooting: Father of Alleged Santa Fe Gunman Says His Son Was Bullied: 'He's a Victim' - Tue, 22 May 2018 14:04:17 -0400
Antonio Pagourtzis, father of Dimitrios Pagourtzis, says his son was "mistreated at school."
- Saddam's superyacht ends up as sailors' hotel - Tue, 22 May 2018 17:23:09 -0400
This was once the presidential yacht for Saddam Hussein. Dubbed "Basrah Breeze", this superyacht was built for him in 1981, but the Iraqi dictator never boarded the 270-foot boat.
- Israel hits more Hamas targets after cross-border raid - Wed, 23 May 2018 00:49:55 -0400
Israeli warplanes blasted Hamas targets in the Gaza Strip early Wednesday in a fresh round of retaliation after a Palestinian cross-border raid the day before, the army said. "Israel Air Force aircraft struck an underground terror infrastructure belonging to the Hamas terror organisation in the northern Gaza Strip, and two additional military targets belonging to the Hamas terror organisation's naval force," a military statement said in English. "The strikes were conducted in response to the event that took place yesterday morning, during which a number of terrorists infiltrated into Israel and set a military post on fire," it said.
- Syrian official rejects US demand for Iranian withdrawal - Wed, 23 May 2018 13:43:22 -0400
MOSCOW (AP) — Syria on Wednesday dismissed American calls for the withdrawal of Iranian troops and Lebanese Hezbollah militants from the war-torn country.
- The House GOP Is in Chaos - Mon, 21 May 2018 19:13:01 -0400
With the House majority in revolt, Ryan could only watch powerlessly as the $867 billion farm bill imploded on Friday.
- James Corden Reveals The Worst Part Of The Royal Wedding Ceremony - Tue, 22 May 2018 05:18:17 -0400
James Corden said Prince Harry's royal wedding to Meghan Markle last Saturday
- Tesla Says It Will Issue Fix for Model 3 Brakes - Tue, 22 May 2018 12:06:13 -0400
Tesla will issue an over-the-air update to improve the Model 3’s braking performance, CEO Elon Musk announced on Twitter Monday night. His tweets came after Consumer Reports said it would not rec...